PCS or Provincial Civil Service is the managerial common help under Group A and Group B of the state administration of the presidential part of the Government of Uttar Pradesh. PCS is additionally the feeder service for Indian Administrative Service in the state.
The recruitment of PCS officials is finished by the State Civil Services assessment directed by Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC). The assessment is advised as Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Examination.
A PCS official might hold different posts at the sub-divisional, area, divisional and state levels from directing income organization and upkeep of the rule of law.
Concurring 2012 information, the strength of the IAS unit in UP is 537 officials, of which 374 are enlisted straightforwardly, while the leftover 163 are accepted from the state common administrations from the presidential branch.
How appointments are made
The UPPSC will deliver a warning in light of the opening accessible in PCS posts.
The UPPSC will then hold a Preliminary Examination at different Centers in the state for admission to the Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Main (Written) Examination. The choice will be made based on absolute checks got by the competitors in the Main (Written) Examination and Interview.
Just such candidates will be confessed to the Main (composed) assessment who are proclaimed fruitful in the Preliminary Examination for which the effective Candidates should top off another application structure as indicated by directions of the Commission.
Just such applicants will be called for interviews who are pronounced fruitful based on the principle (composed) assessment. Candidates should (v) top off an endorsed application structure before the Interview (viva-voce test).
The posts convey the compensation size of ₹ 9300-34800 Grade Pay ₹ 4200 to ₹ 15600-39100 Grade Pay 5400.
In its PCS notification 2017, UPPSC released 251 vacancies – which were increased to 677 posts later — in these posts:
- Deputy Collector.
- Deputy Superintendent of Police.
- Block Development Officer.
- Assistant Regional Transport Officer.
- Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Tax).
- District Commandant Homeguards.
- Treasury Officer/Accounts Officer (Treasury).
- Cane Inspector and Assistant Sugar Commissioner.
- Superintendent Jail.
- Manager Credit (Small Industries).
- Manager Marketing and Economic Survey (Small Industries).
- Executive Officer Grade-I/Assistant Nagar Ayukta.
- District Basic Education Officer/Associate DIOS & other equivalent Administrative Posts.
- Assistant Director Industries (Marketing).
- Assistant Labour Commissioner.
- Senior Lecturer DIET.
- Designated Officer.
- Assistant Commissioner Industries.
- Statistical Officer, Assistant Accounts Officer (Treasury).
- Commercial Tax Officer.
- District Minority Welfare Officer.
- District Food Marketing Officer.
- Executive Officer (Panchayati Raj).
- Deputy Secretary (Housing and Urban Planning).
- Area Rationing Officer.
- District Backward Welfare Officer.
- Naib Tehsildar.
- District Saving Officer.
- district Panchayat Raj Officer.
- District Social Welfare Officer.
- Executive Officer (Nagar Vikas).
- Accounts Officer (Nagar Vikas).
- District Supply Officer Grade-2.
- Additional District Development Officer (Social Welfare).
- Passenger/Goods Tax Officer.
- District Handicapped Welfare Officer.
- Assistant Employment Officer.
- Accounts Officer (Local Bodies).
- Regional Employment Officer.
- Assistant Registrar (Cooperative).
- Sub Registrar.
- Assistant Prosecuting Officer (Transport).
- District Probation Officer.
- District Horticulture Officer Grade-2.
- District Horticulture Officer Grade-1 and Superintendent Govt. Garden.
- District Horticulture Officer.
- District Cane Officer, U.P. Agriculture Service Group-“B” (Development Branch).
- District Administrative Officer.
- District Audit Officer (Revenue Audit).
- Assistant Controller Legal Measurement (Grade-1).
- District Programme Officer.
- District Youth Welfare and Pradeshik Vikas Dal Officer.